Production

glassboat

Registered
I am looking to implement a new system that can manage the floor production. Currently work orders travel the floor following the pieces being produced. They often get misplaced, drawings are lost etc. I have people come to me daily looking for work orders. The company also has timesheets people fill in to say which work order they spent their time on. This is an old outdated system. I don't want work orders moving on the floor but each department has their own copy. I would like suggestions of how to improve this process and modernize it. What job management software have people had success with? what is the cost for such software?
thanks

The first step would be to perform root cause analysis to determine what is really causing these problems. Many companies have a mess with their paper system and move to an electronic system thinking that is going to solve the problem. Then they realize that it wasn't the paper causing the issue, it was something else, and the electronic system did not solve the problem but made the problem worse.

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
I am looking to implement a new system that can manage the floor production. Currently work orders travel the floor following the pieces being produced. They often get misplaced, drawings are lost etc. I have people come to me daily looking for work orders. The company also has timesheets people fill in to say which work order they spent their time on. This is an old outdated system. I don't want work orders moving on the floor but each department has their own copy. I would like suggestions of how to improve this process and modernize it. What job management software have people had success with? what is the cost for such software?
thanks
In our case, we keep our work orders in with QA during production. They use them to record approvals and such. The relevant information - Job #, Part #, Qty, etc. - is transferred to a board on each machine that the operators can use for their timekeeping. The thing about doing it electronically is a data collection station that is convenient for everyone and can get expensive quick. I would like to an app integrated with people's phones.

Top Bottom