Anodization and IMDS submission

DeKamp

Involved In Discussions
Hello. I am very novice to the anodization process. Our mfg. partner from overseas is utilizing AA20 per ISO7599.

The issue is our customer is requesting the updated IMDS submission for this added process. Our overseas supplier is stating that the process consists of the protective layer being created from the existing components material makeup. If this is the case, does an IMDS submission need to take place?

If so, how do I look up the correct information to create the sub-tree? Our mfg. partner is stating they are unfamiliar with the database and are no help!

I cant even find out how to look up "Anodizing" Material names within the IMDS database.

Thank you in advance for any insight you could provide.

Yogesh

Registered
According to anodization process chemical use, create Material in IMDS. Add this homogenous material in tree and calculate coating weight from mass and density of your material.

Santhosh chem

Registered
Hello. I am very novice to the anodization process. Our mfg. partner from overseas is utilizing AA20 per ISO7599.

The issue is our customer is requesting the updated IMDS submission for this added process. Our overseas supplier is stating that the process consists of the protective layer being created from the existing components material makeup. If this is the case, does an IMDS submission need to take place?

If so, how do I look up the correct information to create the sub-tree? Our mfg. partner is stating they are unfamiliar with the database and are no help!

I cant even find out how to look up "Anodizing" Material names within the IMDS database.

Thank you in advance for any insight you could provide.
Please add anodization material to the structure. You can get the composition from supplier and add the weight of coating

Top Bottom