System FMEA, ever do that? and how?

M

mam

See a copy of VDA volume 4, Part 2. Most of the volume addresses a 5 step approach to system fmea's. To start: Flow out the system and system structure, then flow out the functions and function structure at each step. Then you do the normal fmea risk analysis part on malfunctions, and optimization. ... The hard part is finding a copy of VDA volume 4.

M

Morten Lunde

ok thanks for your reply, VDA hmm.... We do not have it. Maybe I'll try and get it.

T

TamTom

ok thanks for your reply, VDA hmm.... We do not have it. Maybe I'll try and get it.

Hello,

please see the attached file, this is an older version but explain it quite well.

Regards,

Tamara

I removed the file.
Please do not post copyrighted material. Posting copyrighted material is in violation of the TOS. Thanks. Al Rosen

Last edited by a moderator:
T

TamTom

Attached is an example for a "Hip Socket Replacement".
S/D/PFMEA's included.

Hello Michael,

do you use a special software for your System-FMEA or just Excel?

We are trying to implement the System-FMEA in our Quality Planning, but the staff is not following, and we are just asking ourselves if this is the fault of a quite complicated software, the method or our training.

A

Ashwani

Attached is an example for a "Hip Socket Replacement".
S/D/PFMEA's included.

HII
THANKX FOR SHARING IT BUT I WANA SAY SMTHNG

WHILE PREPARING THE FMEA'S TERMS LIKE IMPROPER, INCORRECT. ARE REDUNDANT THEY DONOT CONVEY THE REAL MESSAGE OF FMEA.

FAILURE MODES SHOULD BE EXPRESSES AS

E.G

TURNING( OPN.) - O.D> A -
O.D < A
I THINK U HAVE GOT THAT CLEAR CUT FAILURE MODES ARE TO BE PENNED DOWN.

S

spacemanR

I am reading the book VDA 4 Part 2 System-FMEA .
it should be helpful for us to do a SFMEA.

T

TamTom

I am reading the book VDA 4 Part 2 System-FMEA .
it should be helpful for us to do a SFMEA.

Hello,

please be aware, that the VDA Volume 4 Part FMEA, has a new issue date 2006, wich no longer talks about the System-FMEA and goes back to Product and Process-FMEA.

We work very sucessfully with the System-FMEA and it was hard work to get the company following this idea, and I can't understand the VDA.

Regards,

TamTom

Q

qualityos

System FMEAs are designed to understand the overall reliability of the system and the adverse effects of failures at a system/subcomponent level on the customer.

In our reliability department, we use System FMEAs in conjunction with boundary diagrams, QFD, and reliability schematics (AND/OR relationships). All of these tools help us understand which systems or subsystems must be redesigned to obtain the necessary system reliability.

Using the System FMEA, a team can better understand how failure modes in the component levels FMEAs will effect the overall product performance. From there, a better understanding of failures in the process FMEAs can be understood.

FMEAs should be used as a system to better understand how to plan/execute a robust part and process. Always attack the highest RPN on the most critical components/subsystems.

MasterBB

Involved In Discussions
Is this an actual example? or a Class Examlple?

My 2 cents on the SFMEA (Also, often called Concept FMEA); very effective if done upfront.

Also, what have I done in the past is:

1. Ensuring that all DFMEA were complete for Sub-systems & Components.
2. Same as number 1, but for suppliers.
3. Created a checklist with some specific questions that basically answers any concerns you have about the system. The integration & addressing the interfaces is the most crucial aspect.

Hope this helps.

Top Bottom